Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meet Bella Mae

I think it is very appropriate to make my first Bella post the week after Easter considering this is where we were last Easter.
Sitting in Little Rock hoping for good news. Little did we know, it was only a matter of time before we got our little miracle.

Now that the swelling is gone, the hormones have leveled out and I am getting more than 2 hours of sleep…I finally have time to write about Bella, and not cry:)

Between finishing the nursery and wrapping things up at work, the last few weeks of my pregnancy flew by. Since we knew the exact date we conceived and exactly how far along we were, we scheduled an induction just a couple of days before my due date. This is the last picture before we left for the hospital...in the snow!
I could write about all the details of the delivery, but really it was an uneventful day for the most part (which was fine by me!).
We went in the night before and tried for almost 24 hours to get her to come, but Bella was not having it so they ended up having to get her through cesarean (again, fine by me as long as she was healthy).

Now, I had no idea what to expect with a c-section. It wasn’t planned and no one really expected it. I have experienced a lot of physical pain in my life, but the pressure and pulling of them getting her out was one of the most painful experiences yet. She was so far down that it took some muscle by my doctor and another doctor to get her out. But I was never worried. My doctor is a childhood friend and provided the reassurance this first time momma needed through both my pregnancy and delivery.

Bella Mae arrived at 5:15 pm on February 21st at 6 lbs 11 oz and 18 inches long.
While I stayed in recovery, Jeremy went with Bella to the nursery where my family was waiting. This is one of my favorite pictures of my nurse showing Bella to my mom.
My nurse Dana was AMAZING! Seriously, she was an absolute joy to be around all day and made everyone feel at ease through the entire process.
The hours following the c-section, the next couple of days in the hospital and those first few nights home all are a blur, especially because I was so sore and on pain medicine.
But we got through them with the help of my mom. She was there every step of the way and provided a huge help to us both.
Jeremy has been so over the moon in love that he has shed many tears of joy over the past few weeks. Both of our families have made countless visits to the house just to hold her. And all I can say is we have some of the best friends in the world! The calls, texts and visits were more than we expected. I don’t think there was anyone more excited to meet Bella than her Aunt Natalie:)
The last few weeks have obviously been an adjustment, but again, my mom has been a life saver and we are finally getting in the grove of things and a steady schedule. I think she’s been great, but since I have nothing to compare it to Mom keeps reassuring me that she’s a good baby! Bella’s check-ups have been great too. She’s growing like a weed and is the spitting image of her daddy.
I still can’t believe I’m a momma and that my baby is 6 weeks old!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment